- 6 years KPMG – Australia & Canada
- 10 years investment banking and financial markets
- 17 years in executive search and corporate advisory
- Co-Founder of Hamilton Partners, a specialist executive search firm, in 1995
- Focuses upon the execution of assignments globally across the infrastructure/PPP/PFI, power, oil & gas, mining and telecoms sectors.
- Deputy Chairman of Cure Cancer Australia and Chairman of Finance Committee. Cure Cancer is an organization focussed on seed funding young, brilliant researchers in their search for a cure for cancer.
Richard qualified as a chartered accountant in Australia and was transferred to Vancouver, Canada to focus on companies within the natural resources sector. Returning to Australia he moved into investment banking with Trans City Holdings (now Bank of New York) to establish capability in capital markets and derivative instruments across, debt, currencies, equities and commodities. His team became market leaders. During this time he was also an alternate director of the Sydney Futures Exchange and sat on the bank’s executive committee. In 1987 he co-founded Stafford Financial, a specialist boutique investment firm focussed on direct participation in financial markets and providing sophisticated advisory services in the application of derivative instruments for a array of uses. He lead the advisory team and in 1991 took this business under his own structure before selling to a global investment bank in 1994.
In 1995 Richard joined Greg Hamilton to establish Hamilton Partners and led the financial services practice. As markets have become increasingly specialised his focus and interest moved to infrastructure. Over the past 10 years he has conducted numerous senior level domestic and global searches across all aspects of the infrastructure sector.